Sunday, July 13, 2014

ramada encore iftar buffet review

 Ramada Encore was built in an old part of Doha on a very small site .The building is high and next to other hotels .When we decided to try their iftar buffet then we wanted to explore something new .

It is a four star hotel . The restaurant with modern design  was so much minimalist that it nearly looked like a school canteen .It was rather small . Mostly families came to break their fast here but there was a large group of males as well .It really disturbed at first .I got used to families only sections .

 The buffet was modest looking . I started with harissa soup . That was the only kind of soup . It was spicy and light .Chickpeas and spices like clove or cinnamon  -  I thought first that it was an Indian soup but it turned out that it is  from  Maghreb area .It was a good start .

 Then I took some salads . The usual Middle Eastern salads : hummus ,tabbouleh ,mutabbal . I do not remember all of them - they were good and simple .

There were four kinds of main course on the buffet table .Lamb ,fish ,chicken  and mutton perhaps .I think Pakistani dishes .I forgot the names . They were good but not special .

On the dessert table there were some French pastry with oriental  sweet treats . I liked their rice pudding - it was a more concentrated one than our rice pudding that we eat in Hungary . The small cakes with silver icing were a visual delight .But they were not as tasty as they looked .

I tried not to eat too much .
The cappuccino was excellent .
And we are very picky when it is about good cappucino .

All in all it was a good but not very special iftar buffet .It was quite eclectic - when it is about Pakistani dishes I never ate better than in the rundown Shezan hotel's restaurant .
The service is excellent .Those waiters are probably the loveliest ones in Doha .

The value for the money : we used Qgrab coupons -so we payed half price  - 40 rials for adults/ 20 rials for kids .It was a real deal this way  but I am not sure that I would take it for the full price ...

official site 

No comments:

expat Qatar